Long term problem that needs to be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a similar problem with mine, i would play online and i had a conflict with my network and my video card thats why i was asking. my onboard network and my video where on the same irq so i changed it. but thats why i was asking...

Hmm, my pc is always online, and programs like aim or steam and my za run in the background. Could be since the network is being accessed even during off line gaming. How do I go and check the irq?

go into device manager and and open your display properties, double click on the video card and when it opens the properties click on resources and the irq is in there.. then do the same for you network adapter and look at the resouces in that. (note)
they shouldn't have the same irq number

on your video card settings is your smartgart off and your vpu recovery also off and is your overdrive on or off, just checking a few things

I went through the irq's, here is how they stack up:

00 - System Timer
01 - Keyboard
02 -
03 - Com Port 2
04 - Com Port 1
05 - nvidia nforce pci systme management
06 - Standard floppy disk controller
07 -
08 - System CMOS/real time clock
09 - Microsoft ACPI - Compliant System
10 - MPU - 401 Compatible MIDI
11 - WinFast TV2000XP
12-
13 - Numeric data processor
14 - primary ide
15 - secondary ide
16 - Promise SATA150
17 - WinFast TV2000XP WMD
18 - Creative SB Audigy
19 - OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
20 - nvidia nforce networking adapter
20 - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
21 - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controler
22 - Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host

Would there be a problem that two different devices using one irq?

How do I go about changing it to an irq thats not being used?

ok right click on the desktop and click properties go to settings and then advanced they should be on the tabs

After a reboot, both the Radeon 9800pro and the OHIC Compliant IEEE 1294 Host Controler are both on IRQ 19.

Some seem to change from restart to restart, would this be a cause of my problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom