Need help this is getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsaberist

Beta member
had an AMD Athlon XP 2800 + processor on a nforce 2 mobo with a stick of pc 2700 512MB DDR Ram, an eVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra 256 MB G3 DDR, a 40 gig Western Digital HD and a Quantum Fireball 30 Gig that came with my compaq presario 5000. ( I salvaged the first harddrive that I ever got). I have a 500 Watt PS and 7 fans all together in my case. The card was returned to the vender and replaced with a new one because of hardware issues. I purchased a AMD 64 Athlon 3700+ with a Triton nforce 3 250 mobo. The replacement 6800 Ultra was installed only on the new mobo. Everything has been hooked up and now I have a system with: AMD64 Athlon 3700+ (2.4Ghz 1600Mhz fsb I have not Overclocked it and the cpu core frequency is set at 200Mhz), an nforce3 250b mobo designed for the 3700+ processor, 1 stick of 512 MB 333Mhz pc2700 DDR Ram, an eVGA geForce 6800 Ultra 256 MB G3 DDR GPU, a 500 Watt PS, 70 Gigs of Harddrive space (on a 30 slave and a 40 master), originaly running 2000 Professional upgraded to XP professional, upgraded to XP 64-bit, and back to 32-bit XP. Direct X 9.0c installed.
The preface is to give some insight into the system's components for reference.
I first installed a Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault on my 2800+ machine and the demo worked fine, however the full version (purchased) would show a grey screen at certain times in the game. On my new system, the game will run all the way up to character choosing and then the entire computer shuts off.
The same problem occurs when running Mad Onion's 3D Mark software on my new system, it makes it past the first run in 3d Mark 2001 with the truck game (420+ fps) and then the system cuts off and when I try to restart, no display will come up on the monitor until I turn off the powersupply and turn it back on.
Please help!!!
-Geoff

It is cool to the touch though. I will do a check and let you know the temp. that does seem pretty high now that you mention it so I will check again

lol, i do not think you should touch it in the first place.
try installing all the latest drivers for the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom