Intel to use AMDs Hypertransport by 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
http://eetimes.com/news/semi/showAr...JUMEKJVN?articleID=60404677&_requestid=776042

Pretty interesting article. By the end of the decade Intel wants to have quad core CPU's that can handle 8 threads a piece for a total of 32 thread processing...whew....that's gonna be insane. Looks like the competition is getting fierce. Blatently says Intels lagging behind without the integrated memory controller, hence why they are making the move to it now, but man I can't wait to see what the next 5 years produces for both companies...one will outdo the other...then the other will come back and vice versa and so on haha. Awesomeness

Let the titans clash. We peons will reap the benefits of new technologies that will have been discounted to make way for the newer ones...

With the speed of advancement picking up so fast, I can afford to be a few steps behind "cutting edge", and still not be left in the dust...or broke.

Trotter said:
With the speed of advancement picking up so fast, I can afford to be a few steps behind "cutting edge", and still not be left in the dust...or broke.

My thought's exactly:D Most people only get the newest technology for bragging right's,I myself don't care if i have the latest stuff aslong as i can do what i want to do;)

Bang on, Gordo.

Let some pansy rich kid buy a $1500 CPU. I'll sit back and pop a $300 one and laugh, since he's really not getting anything for what he is spending.

It all boils down to the bang for the buck. And when you are earning your own bucks, you want all the bang you can squeeze out of it.

Trotter said:
Bang on, Gordo.

That just kind of messed me up when i looked at that cause my name is Gord:p

Let some pansy rich kid buy a $1500 CPU. I'll sit back and pop a $300 one and laugh, since he's really not getting anything for what he is spending.

Man i'm happy with my Celeron:D There's no way i'm gonna spend all that money for something i don't need and really can't afford.

Hell im getting married in 2008 or 2009.... I KNOW I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT!!! Anyways why are they trying to push for such a high speed that we dont need at all??? Sure them servers could make use of it one day.... But why??? Eventually we will have them so fast they wont need to bother with making them faster because we wont be able to keep up with them in programs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom