Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz_

Beta member
When I try register with a chat room I get this error when I try to submit my details.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'rsDetails'

/membership/membership_Submit.asp, line 234

Ive searched for Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' in google and have found answers to resolve the problem (try it :) ) but its all in full on tech talk and im a bit of an ameture so where it says I gotta open a certain file and change it, I dont even know where to look for the file in the first place hehe.

So if anyone could help me get rid of this problem so I can access chat rooms, that would be fantastic !! Thanks!!!!!!

I'm guessing your using IE to register online, or id this some other program? if it's IE, the issue isn't on your side of the wall... Unless you are behind a firewall that is blocking VBS...

can you explain the details a little?

Thanks

Hi, sorry

Whenever I try register with some (more than one) sites I get this error Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'rsDetails'

/membership/membership_Submit.asp, line 234

this happens on IE, Firefox, and Opera.
After reading other forums I can tell you the problem is on my computer somewhere and something needs some tweaking.
I think it just means im not set up to accept .asp's or something like that.

is this on your home machine or at the office?
you running any firewall software, spyware blockers or popupblockers?
from what I can find from looking at all of the other reports of this problem, it's on the website side.

can you tell us the sites that you are connecting to that are causing the problem?
it's highly possible something is bloking the VBS that is trying to collect 'rsDetails'

Oh I just fixed it :)

I did what you mentioned and checked my firewall and restored it back to its default settings. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom