DDR1 at a lovely DDR800 speed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, I really need to frequent xtremesystems more often, those guys just shatter record after record after record...

DDR is still so capable though, I don't know why Intel insists on making all the wrong technological advances. Plus it's dirt cheap next to its big brother.

He got a nice extra gigahert out of his 3000+ too...

I would love those speeds. Of course it probley would not make any difference b/c my ram is already downclocked to ddr266 with my athlon 1400+.

I don't know why Intel insists on making all the wrong technological advances.
AMD is still planning on going to DDR2 too, the last I heard Q1 2006.
Great job on this guy getting to ddr800, but that is tough to compare to stock speeds. There is already stock ddr2711, and ddr2800 isn't supposed to be far away. Those are the stock speeds, so what will they be able to OC too???? I also read in one article, I wish I would of saved it, that every peice of DDR2 they tested, including valueram, was able to hit 667. They might be underclocking the ddr2 right now a bit to leave more room for future upgrades. You know how these marketing guys are...;)

it has something to do with the bus speed being doubled because of the double data rate(DDR) ram. it says DDR400 but it runs at 200mhz

well i know that. im just saying that mine is running at 400mhz just like his is saying. that makes it ddr400 then.
Ummm...DDR400 runs at 200MHz. If you look at yours in CPU-z it should say 200MHz not 400MHz.

yea the frequency runs at 200mhz but the ram runs at 400mhz effectively Hince double data rate.
No check your CPU-Z yours will say 200MHz which makes it DDR400, his says 400MHz which makes it DDR800

Those are the stock speeds, so what will they be able to OC too????
This is true, but the stock timings SUCK lol, I've seen like 4-6-6-12 on some of those (that may be extreme but I've seen em pretty loose)

They may have a fast overall MHz, but the timings are still really slow on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom