Virus, adaware, or spywar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinester

Solid State Member
Hey guyz, this morning I was working on a computer and when i restarted the machine it asked me to "register my cdkey info, and user name. Once it said that I automatically assumed a virus or adaware. If anyone came across this problem let me know. I have to figure it out by the end of this week. thanx

Does it do this every time you reboot? Can you get screen shot?
Try Run it in safe mode, install ad-ware removal tools (Adaware,spybot etc..) and also do a virus scan full.

Doesn't seem to be ad-aware, I'm sure there was afew guys on here which only had a certain amount of days to regester there CDKeys for XP OS, hmm where have they gone too? :S

I cant get screenshot, but the screen image I get is the windows 98SE setup screen, you know the part where it asks you to enter CD-Key and user information after is has finished setting up windows (The machine that is messed up runs WIN98). What's funny is that the machine was running fine, all of a sudden I get this setup screen again. I will try to get screen shot but I doubt it. Please guyz I need your help. Thanx

Oh and yes I did run it in safe mode but it created an error in the process. I tried doing "step by step startup", but I couldnt find the start up file.

I would think its windows so enter your CD key

Even if it's someone else stealing your key, it's a 98 key and they can be used unlimited times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom