Stock Gigabyte 6600gt 500/1120MHz! = $209

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont know what to buy. I read all kinds of stuff about nvidia and Ati on and off TF. It makes the choice really hard.

if you got around $300 get the X800XL if you have approx $180, get the 6600GT you can go for that one above, or leadtek or eVGA

I'm sort of skeptical because of the reason Nubius mentioned earlier. The 1120 MHz is a 220 MHz overclock with a fanless heatsink...does that seem strange to anyone else? I'm sure the temps are OK or Gigabyte wouldn't sell it, but it still seems weird.

Could be more prone to problems, or be at the max OC already.....who knows....I sure don't....I'm just speculating :D

I would personally buy something at stock speeds and go about overclocking it myself, that's just me though.

I would personally buy something at stock speeds and go about overclocking it myself, that's just me though.
Ditto, that's what I've done :D I need water cooling for the GPU though because the eVGA stock heatsink does infact suck pretty bad, 80C on full load is common if not 85C if I OC it to 564MHz. Should be able to hit 600MHz hopefully with MAZE4 GPU block, and maybe MAYBE 650+ with a volt mod

I'm curious as to why you guys would rather OC yourselves. It seems pretty easy to just pick up a card with a hefty OC already and not have to do any after-market modding. Maybe that's just because I'm tentative to OC :)

Because OC'ing is fun and gives you something to strive for and brag about :D

"Looks my card is better than yours! Muahahahah"

That's the only one I've ever seen with a 'hefty OC' though, the BFG OC series has a mere 20MHz OC on the core, which I can boost mine up to in one flick of the slider without any problems

I have better control over everything, and I know exactly what has been modified and how. It's just better feeling to have knowing that you know the low down on your parts.

And it's fun. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom