My ever changing rig...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a better Idea to actually post the information about the parts instead of posting the links.

ApM said:
Probably a better Idea to actually post the information about the parts instead of posting the links.

i second that, it makes it hard for me, since i'm on wireless right now

also, you should buy a good psu and a good case, that those pieces of crap you posted

Sounds pretty good to me, i may look at a thermaltake td-420AD instead of a rosewill power supply

And yeah, being on a 12.1" laptop on wireless makes it hard

Sorry about the links guys. Here is the info:

AsiaPro ASYS Black ATX Mid Tower Case With 450W PSU & Handle

Abit "AN8" NVIDIA nForce4 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express

Rosewill 450W Dual Fan Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor (Winchester core)

Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR PC-3200

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Logitech Internet Pro Desktop Keyboard and Mouse BLACK

CMV CT-529A 15" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers

AOpen Black 52X32X52X16X Combo Drive

Some other questions:
1. Is my CD drive good enough to burn random CDs and watch dvds?
2.Will my monitor be ok for gaming
3.Will the current PSU work (i was gonna go for a thermaltake but i went with this one to keep it just above $1000 after shipping)
4.Do i even need a different PSU than the stock one?
5.What other cooling will i need besides the stock 80mm side fan?
6.If I wait for a little...say 2 or 3 months...will the cost be siginficantly lower?

1. yes it will do fine
2. usually gamers go for CRT instead of LCD but if you're tight on space LCD is nice
3. I would try to go with antec or thermaltake for power supply
4. you want a good brand when it comes to power supplies or else you risk having yours die in a matter of months. But usually you dont need something huge like a 500 W something around 400 should do it.
5. I would get a new case one 80mm fan is not enough
6. I dont really think a month or two will bring down the costs drastically. over the summer i hear the new 512 mb video cards are coming out which may or may not drive prices for video cards down.

Overall everything looks pretty solid but I would save a little more and get a different case and a better power supply. at xoxide.com there is a black thermaltake soprano case with 120mm front 120mm back and 80mm side fan for 70.00

As far as cooling goes the case i have in mind says it only has 1 fan but it has ports for 5 (maybe 4...check the pics). Will that be enough if i fill them all or maybe just a few?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom