Excel Expert Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntherevelato

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm working on a set of conditions in Excel that I just can't seem to get to work.

Is there anyone out there who can claim to be an advanced user in Excel who can help me.

It'd be greatly appreciated. Let me know and I'll send you the conditions I am trying to work.

IÂ’m trying to create a set of multi-conditions in Excel.

See attached example (imagine it's a .xls).

I need the formula to work thus:

B2 = A1+6
C2 = A2-B2-15

IF C2 =(0-12) OR (-54 to -42),

Using the same B2 value, I then want to know:

When the next C#-B2-15 >12, <-54

So, after

A(#)-B2-15 >12, <-54
[N.B. This part of the formula will use the same B2 value used to find when C2 =(0-12) OR (-54 to -42)]

When C# does return >12, <-54, I then want the formula to end, and to restart by creating a new value in the B column, and then apply the above conditions.

So, in the above table with A column values, C2=2. So, because itÂ’s between 0-12, I then want to know when A(#)-B2-15 > 12. In this case, C4=36. So then, I would want to get a new value in B5(10546) and take it from there.

If, after C2=2, there were other values that were between 0-12 in the C column before a value of >12 or <-54(subsequent to value of -54 to -42), I would need them to be highlighted as well.

It may be necessary to create two sets of columns:

one for the 0-12, >12 range
one for the -54 to -42, <-54 range

Also, ideally, would it be possible to only let the values I am looking for appear and ignore the values that are not relevant.

I hope that is clear. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom