Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
Can integrated sound be disabled when you buy a motherboard? When I build my computer i was thinkin of getting a soundblaster, and i wanted to know if the onboard sound would get in the way.

Secondly, when assembling a PC, there is soldering right, like you can't just pop the CPU in the motherboard. (sorry i'm stupid, lol)

There is no soldering at all, so dont even think about getting that thing near that mobo :p And yes you can disable the onboard sound and use a seperate sound card.

man i must have been getting annoying. i just asked about 400 questions so it feels good to help someone out for once. i definatley would recomend the soundblaster audigy 2 zs. dont get value because its only 30 bucks less and its ALOT worse. also dont get gamer because its almost identical to zs but costs an extra 30 bucks for the games that suck in the first place.(except halo which you can get for 20 bucks). also i highly recomend getting a soundcard. i used to not care and always just used integrated sound but now i will never go back. if you ask me the sound card is more important than speakers because i had sony vaio speakers and with the sound card THEY sounded better. have fun

infiltrator7 said:
ok cool i don't like soldering lol. how would i disable the sound in the future?
Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager>Sound, video, and game controllers> whatever your onboard sound is (mine is called AC97) right click and click disable.

dale5605 said:
Right click on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager>Sound, video, and game controllers> whatever your onboard sound is (mine is called AC97) right click and click disable.

ok, thanks for your help i'll try that when i get my soundcard.

You can also disable onboard sound in your BIOS

Defiantly do get an external sound card. FYI, IMO Turtle Beach sounds cards are better than soundblasters and even cheaper too :)

If you want to really disable the onboard sound then do so in the BIOS settings.

DJ-CHRIS said:
You can also disable onboard sound in your BIOS

Defiantly do get an external sound card. FYI, IMO Turtle Beach sounds cards are better than soundblasters and even cheaper too :)

Agreed, Turtle Beach is a great card.

i liek the audigy 2 zs though because it has a remote, and i'd need that if i ever get my 5.1 speaker system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom