PCI-e or normal mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes regular board with X800 will be cheaper than the PCI-E slots and will definetly run any game now or up and coming (for a while anyhow) just as fast as it can go. I'd go that route personally as well. Less money for basically the same kind of performance.

WTF ur confused CntdwnToExtn cos thats sli and anyway you can take sli as an ugrade path like i did. pci-e is just one grfx card and sli means that you can have 1 or 2 so you can get one now and another l8ter like i will. if you get pci-e (non SLI) now it means that you won't need to change motherboards when agp comes out of production as its already doing. powercolor and many companies are considering stopping production of agp cards.

Sh0r_ty said:
WTF ur confused CntdwnToExtn cos thats sli and anyway you can take sli as an ugrade path like i did. pci-e is just one grfx card and sli means that you can have 1 or 2 so you can get one now and another l8ter like i will. if you get pci-e (non SLI) now it means that you won't need to change motherboards when agp comes out of production as its already doing. powercolor and many companies are considering stopping production of agp cards.

ya, my bad, i got the two switched up...i think sometimes i put one or the other cause of the relations between the two....and the sad thing is...i just wrote a paper about sli mobo's hahaha.....though i know everything was right in there hahaha.

i still stand by not needing either sli or pci right now because you stil can't take full advantage of them. i'd rather spend the extra money on more ram, better processor or put it towards something else none computer related.

If you want to you can go with AGP, since most games of today dont need the power of any of the PCI-e cards, hell they dont use all of the AGP bus bandwith, Anyways. If you got the money go as high as you can, but SLI does have some bugs....

i would suggest pci-express just because in the futue all cards will be pci-express. If you have an AGP mobo, you stuck with whatever the last AGP that is made, which i presume will be within the next year.

Not so sure of that, there are still a lot of PCI cards around :p It will take several years befor they even stop AGP production since so many allready have it....

aj2003 said:
there are 3 versions of the nforce 4 chipset which are used for pci-e on amd motherboards

standard which is slower (1 pci-e slot)

ultra which is faster and has afew extras (1 pci-e slot)

:p

OK so will there be much performance difference between ultra and standard b/c i'm on a fairly tight budget and if ultra doesn't make THAT much of a difference then ill go with regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom