Screenie As Promised: 106º!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what, i bet your right. I'm not home right now, but i know for a fact that if i touch the heatsink it wont burn me. I can almost bet money that it is my new HD (WD 200gb). I have a 6.5 gb seagate (used for backups) and a brand new western digital 200gb. They are right next to each other (no slots in between them), so i bet they are heating each other up and causing this. The seagate is only used in the wee hours of the morning for backup schedules, so i bet its the 200gb heating up and also heating up the seagate.

I have a question about that anyway; is my 6.5gb causing underperformance of my 200gb? I dont know how many rpms the 6.5gb runs at, but i do know that the 200gb is 7,200 rpms. Should i ditch the 6.5gb and just keep my backups on the new drive? I DO NOT want to partition the 200gb, so dont suggest it.

The only thing i just realized, when i pointed that spare fan at the cpu, the two high temps went down, so it may not be the HD's. I dont know! :mad:

6.5gb HDDs still exist? LOL

Your HDDs won't produce enough heat to push a processor heat sensor into the 106 degree range. You've got a funky motherboard. Replace it.

I don't think your hard drive would be 106 either, hard drives run efficently in the 40 degree range, once a hard drive heats up, the chance of failure dramatically increases. I don't think your hard drive would work properly at 106.

the exhaust on the psu wont be nearly enough. you need air convection carrying off excess heat. imagine it like this. its a hot day. you put a fan infront of the window bringing some cooler air in by putting a fan in one window to bring air in and create a nice breeze by placing one at a window on the other side of the room. creates a nice cross breeze. Now, take the same setup but instead of a window have on facing a wall and another pulling in air from a radiator. now your just blowing hot air on yourself.

I know about cooling... i just dont have time nor money to work on my computer. I'm barely home. Most of the time i'm posting in between classes.

Grimreaper- i've used NUMEROUS programs and they all say the same temps. Its not speedfan... its my heat sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom