I need a board that will support ncq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have decided amd 939 board and a seagate w/ncq hard drive. How can I find a board that supports this?

So does that mean that any nforce4 board support ncq. I have been told differently by a tech at asus.

I'm not sure if any nforce4 will support it. But after some googling, I found out that NCQ is optional. Therefore, even though you have a HD with NCQ, you dont have to turn it on.

After doing a lot of checking many are really skeptical about the k8nf-f 4x so instead of risking it I have thrown it out of the mix. I have done a lot of checking and this is what I have come up with.
Ok, now my choice is even harder. I just called foxconn and talked to someone. I got through within 20seconds. That is a good sign. I decided because of that it may be a good place. I could understand them also. Epox doesn't have a place to contact anyone over the phone which is what I like to do but they offer a nice bundle. So now here are my choices.
EP-9NPA+ULTRA by epox, gigabyte K8N Ultra 9 or MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA. What would you do??????????????????They are all good,(i think). I found out today that foxconn is the 2nd largest mobod manufacturer in the WORLD. Learn something everday.

I am not "fond" of Foxconn, I am a sucker for the DFI Lanparty Series.

nForce 4 SLI-DR is totally awe inspiring...

Yan

Have you ever worked with foxconn. Every single review said it was a great board. Not necessarily for overclockers but a great board for the average Joe. I read many that said this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom