Computer build advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... you guys are right about the price jump. Is the performance difference not worth spending extra for the 3500+?

oh i never saw 3400's on newegg no i didn't know

if they have winchester 3400s, then get them

3400+ are a newcastle only chip, and from what I can see (ive spent hours) the EXACT same as a newcastle 3500+ as well

They are an OEM only chip as well.

Invest in a better card than that 9800 Pro, and 1 gig of ram is enough

yea...scratch the 3500 cauze that's like $300 and the 3400 is only like $200....i think...anyways the there is only a tiny bit of difference. You won't notice it.

DJ CHRIS, he redid his specs half way through the thread. he's at a 6800 GT now....a good card, you know.

Ok, I just want to make sure I've got down everything I need.

A) Am I going to need any extra cables or does the everything I need already come with them?

B) Someone mentioned I should invest in more cooling, could I get some specific advice on that?

C) Is there anything else not listed (besides DVD/RW drive) that I will need when putting this together? (Don't want to have to order anything else half way through.)

And finally if everything goes well (If I don't screw up w/ putting everything together), I do plan on getting another 6800 GT come next paycheck ;)

Thanks again!

A) You'll get plenty of cables with your motherboard and drives.

B) If you are gonna overclock, then get extra cooling. If not, then your stock CPU heatsink and fan and a few case fans will be good enough.

C) The only other thing that you didnt list was a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom