retarded dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
I've just re installled windows xp on my old dell so i can give it to someone. I've only managed to find the recovery disk it came with. After i reinstalled windows xp, i'm missing alot of drivers. I need to connect to the internet so i can download them but i cant. I pluged in the internet (i have cable) and the dell didnt detect it. Maybe i'm missing the ethernet card driver or something. I dont remember what kind of card it was either.

How do i connect to the internet???

Can't you get access to the internet at a friends place or at an internet cafe, use the internet to dl the drivers, the dell site should have most of them, but knowing dell :cool:. Then save them onto a USB, its XP so there shouldn't be any problems it reading a USB drive. but, knowing dell.

hehe I like your avatar, but where it has HT on the side, add another T for HTT (hyper transport technology) amd's version of HT :)

GrimReaper23 said:
The model shouldn't have anything to do with it besides the network kard

When he gave me the model i was goan google and get a link for the drivers

Yep you need to connect to the internet

Even with my A8V, windows XPSP2 cannot find any drivers

And I burnt all my drivers onto a CD, and forgot the lan ones too.

GET READY FOR THIS!!!!!!

Dell's integrated ethernet sucks so much, it took me 3 hours on the phone to dell to get it figured out, so when I re-installed XP yesterday/today, I just spent the extra 30 bucks for a nice PCI ethernet card, which worked BEAutifully. Yeah, I really suggest an add on card, because the integrated dell one, when I got it working finally, would crash my DSL after a few hours of playing online games, and this was a integrated ethernet related hardware problem.
If you do spend that extra $ on an add on card, don't install it until you have rebooted, and on the Dell Bios loading screen, quickly hit F2 and release before the Windows loading screen comes up, and go into the BIOS, and you will see options for integrated devices (mine was under the name Legacy something something), and go there, and turn it to off. Then hit escape, and "save and exit " then let it turn on, then turn it off, unplug all the cables (*ALL*) and pop in the new PCI card, turn on, and I'll bet you $50 that it will work.

You may also want to try getting on the internet with a Dial Up provider, and doing a windows update, and see if it gets a driver for the card/integrated ethernet, which may not be under the
"important" windows updates, but under the optional extra's.

BEST OF LUCK, YOU WILL NEED IT!!

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom