another bad xfx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panish

Baseband Member
I just got alot of new hardware and have already been experiencing blue screen errors

i have a dfi LanParty UL NF4 ultra-d
Athlon 64 3200

and

xfx 6600gt

the card appears to be what is causing the blue screens i get errors such as

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

the blue screens go away almost immedietly so i only get this info through windows error reports

i have heard bad things about xfx cards so this was the first thing i though of when i got these errors

does it look like the card is the culprit?

thanks

reload the drivers...as usual...dont' you mean FX 6600 GT, not XFX 6600 GT? what's the x in front of the fx stand for?

i have herd mixed reviews from XFX products.

There meant to be pretty decent,
on the other hand, i have herd alot of bad ones.

it seems u get a really good quality card from XFX, or a really bad one.

this is the second time a XFX 6600GT has gone bad that ive herd of.

the only thing i can recommend is to realod the drivers, or unistall, remove card etc. then reinstall.

Other than that its prob faulty

Yeah the XFX is a great peforming and Overclocking card, but WAAAY too many of them break.

Don't bother with trying to do much to the card, uninstall \ reinstall drivers and if it happens again RMA it on the spot.

I'd like to hide this thread from everyone if i could...especially Nubius.....LOL :)

Just an observation with regards to XFX Geforce 6600GT not working - Most posts about this card are with regards to AMD processors, Why?

Please read before replying - I said "Most posts" not all posts, "some" (but very few) are with intel processors.

Panish - all i can say is that i found some troubles with my XFX 6600gt when i first installed it but after downloading the latest legit ("not beta") driver there have been no problems except now i can't stop playing BFVietnam and Rome Total War. Also have you called their XFX customer support line? They have really crappy hours but they might be able to help you. :)

MADWAD said:

Just an observation with regards to XFX Geforce 6600GT not working - Most posts about this card are with regards to AMD processors, Why?

Please read before replying - I said "Most posts" not all posts, "some" (but very few) are with intel processors.

Because we're an intelligent bunch that like hardware which performs as its supposed.

AMD does not cause the problem, but since the 6600GT is a gamers card, and the AMD is a gaming processor, people witha 6600GT most likely have AMD

AMD 64 processors also make good stable office machines that'll run forever. I wonder how long it'll take for everyone to catch onto that
, And start using them in the office.

Wow! You AMD guys get VERY defensive.......and it's really funny. LOL :) I didn't mean anything by it , so calm down and don't jump down my throat. I'm getting an AMD processor in my next computer so chill the f out. And just for the record i'm sure AMD is not designed specifically for gaming, that would just be dumb. It might perform better gaming wise than intel but it's not made just for gaming DJ-Chris "AMD is a gaming processor".remember typing that? Thats like calling Intel processors editing processors. Anyways besides this crap next time you decide to post , try to help or answer the subjects question. You can respond to this with some really stupid reply but unless i can help panish in some way i won't waste the time posting back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom