How to write zero's???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard drive manufactures create utilities to maintenance the hard drives they produce.One procedure developed writes zero's to the hard drive or zero fill .Probably the closest you can get to returning the hard drive to a blank state condition. I use this procedure every time i do a fresh install of an Operating System .

Cappy said:
Hard drive manufactures create utilities to maintenance the hard drives they produce.One procedure developed writes zero's to the hard drive or zero fill .Probably the closest you can get to returning the hard drive to a blank state condition. I use this procedure every time i do a fresh install of an Operating System .

ya learn something everyday :eek:

Since this program will likely do CD drives

I need a program to test CD drives to justify the CD drives being 300$ each (their actually DVD drives that dont play DVD's)

Yeah, the question was there, but after finding a different utility I figured it out, and now its writing zero's *FOR 8 HOURS* wow, got some sleep in there, but its taking its sweet time, its at 90% now. The hardest part was using this program, because the error rate when it was putting its thing on the floppies was proably 2 errors per 3 floppies, so after spending a few hours pissing around with the floppies I got the first disk to be reliable, then instead of trying one and it failing, I just got about 10 floppies, and make the second disk, and it worked, but that was a true pain.

HEY!!! 91%

Meh, I'm going back to bed in all likely hood.

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom