Good MoBo to run with a 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
can you guy tell me what a low price mobo a socket plz that would be good to run a 6600gt vga im looking to buy a upgrade mobo,vga thank'z;)

Anything...pretty much...as long as its skt 939/ what ever intel's top of the line skt is....PC3200 DDR, PCIe (the 6600 GT is PCIe, right?). Motherboard is an opinion type of thing. Other than the specifications, the quality's just based on opinion.

emerald dude read his specs, hes got an Athlon XP...
and no the 6600GT comes in PCI-E AND AGP.

I'm not too sure of many XP mobos, my motherboard knowledge only really covers Intel. the current mobo u have is agp 4x or 8x ??? it doesnt really matter, ive seen a benchmark between a 6600gt on an 8x mobo and a 4x mobo, not much difference. If ur going to upgrade, just upgrade the graphics card.. if u want to get a new mobo, it will most likey cause more n more issues making u need to get new ram as well, and mite be compatibility issues, so just for now, id upgrade the gpu, and later on whenu have saved a bit more, upgrade the rest.

i have a shuttle mobo and it reads 8x, and 4x and i already have a 512 stick im planning on getting a new one.

You don't need a new motherboard if you have AGP 8x, unless you want to go with PCI-e, which there is not much point doing because the two versions of the 6600GT are pretty much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom