Screenie As Promised: 106º!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sounds like you've got some kind of funky temp-reading/eval thing going on.

I get the same problems with my MSI board and it's stupid CoreCell software. It tells me that, idle, my CPU is running at 90C! LOL And it's even underclocked at that state. it's a AMD XP 3200 processor, which the damn CoreCell loads at 158x11 (which gives a reading of 90C), which I have set to automatically bump up to its normal opperating speed of 200x11 (which makes CoreCenter flip out like my computer is going to vaporize itself in a burning ball of flames...which it doesn't...of course...)

Still haven't figured that bugger out. POS MSI software. :(

Anyway, I suggest you either figure out what the error offset is, or go through the list of temp-monitoring components on your box and see what's messed up. Could be software, hardware heat sensor, who knows.

As others have said, it's not a miracle chip, it's simply a bunk temp probe on your motherboard... Probably running 50's C....a CPU would be dead at 102C

you have a fan as exhaust, right? reason I'm asking is because you said you put one fan blowing across the processor and it dropped in temp and also said something about taking your side off. sounds like you have no air convection. so, if no exhaust you may just have stagnant warm air in there.

I SORTA have an exhaust. Thats what i'm trying to do with this spare fan i have, but i dont have the time to solder a connector on it. I have one fan on the back blowing in (right by the cpu... it only fits blowing in... wont fit if i turn it around), and the PSU fan blowing out hot air. I want to connect a third at the front of the case to blow out... either when i man up and go buy a fan (which i have no time for) or solder a connector on the one i have.

The back fan helpeda bit when i put it in (the one on the back blowing at the cpu fan).

go into your bios and see what temp is says you're at there... the bios is the most accurate place. if it still says 100+ then you're mobo is f'd up:confused:

lol isnt temp1 the CPU anyway which means ur cpu is @ 49, which sounds right.. temp 2 is HD i think, and i think ur sensor on ur HD is fawked up.. i remember my old computer, Speedfan used to say it was on fire, like 200degrees..

Open your computer up and put your hand on the heatsink. And see if it really 100c(I highly doubt it). You can boil water at that temp.
My heatsink is always a lil warm but not hot.

Touch your finger on the heatsink. If you get burned, its to hot. It is definatly a bad sensor though. Processors cannot operate at that temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom