Laptop Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
ok, i've decided to sell my computer on ebay for $1100. i was hoping to then go out and buy a laptop with a good graphics card. the problem is that i don't know which graphics cards are good for laptops. i currently have a GeForce 6600GT in my pc but i know i won't get something that good in a laptop. also, after browsing through gaming laptops, i noticed that i can't get anything good for $1100. what would be the cheapest video card available that still performs well in games such as battlefront and halflife 2?

uhhhh
the cheapest??
well ive been wanting to buy this ACER Ferrari 3200, if anyone else knows what im talking about, and it has the ATI 9700 Pro 128, one of the most powerful video cards for the laptops... notice that is only one of the... laptops equipped with teh 9800 are really really expensive... but i remember i saw a systemax laptop for $1499 with the ATI 9700 Pro, but i cant remember if it was a 64 mb or 128mb, but i remember saying to myself that it was a good deal... it had centrino 1.5 or 1.6

i have played regular counterstrike 1.6 on intel extreme graphics 2 ( i think its also called 855GM or 855GME, not sure)64 mb. at 72.0 fps on my cousins laptop.. but i mean its CS, not very demanding like CS:S or HL2

but above all, i WANTED the Acer Ferrari.. the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro for mobile seemed so awesome

i played cs:source on my friend's intel integrated gfx card w/ 2.4ghz intel P4 and he got 25.x fps on stress test with low settings, no AA/AF

btw, 6800go is the best gfx for a laptop, followed by mobile x800, then 9800 or the x x00 series (ati)

I would never use a laptop for gaming. I would just keep an awesome gaming rig and have a mediocre laptop that would just allow me to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom