New Hardware problem (knew this would happen, HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Well, got the speakers (amazing), the sound card (havn't tried it out much) and the hard drive (works*)

*May include problems with windows XP

Anyhow, I spent a few hours setting the speakers up, they work fine. On to the soundcard, usual hardware install, easy. Hard drive, install was fine, but when I turned it on after all this, it gives me some error saying that the Hard Disk 0 was not found, and press any button to boot from CD, and then it worked fine, installed windows XP, and it all went well. When I restart, or turn on though, it gives me this message, and I tried fiddling with the BIOS boot settings, nothing, I tried switching the jumpers, but still this dammed annoying error message, the message also mentions that it is booting from PXE, or something, but that is turned off, anyway I can get get of this???
Now the problems start (I knew this would happen, just refused to admit it to myself), firstly, I'm trying to change my avatar after installing drivers for sound card, video card, Service Pack 2 and more, and when I go to save it, it says I can't save it because I don't have admin permission, well, BS, I am admin, what the heck????? So I gave up with that, then I tried taking some files from data CD's, and when putting them into their respective folders from the CD, it gets about half way done, when I here the drive slow, and the time goes up quickly, until I get an error message reading : Cannot copy file .... :- Data error (cylic redundency check).

HELP ME BEFORE I ZERO THIS BABY TO HELL!!!!!!

In other words, if it can be fixed, please help, if not tell me that I should write them good ol' zero's...

Thanks

By a pissed off Yan

try using one stick of ram/different ram

it also might be something to do with booting from network?

The ram is exactly the same, it was working fine before XP reinstall, and I don't boot via a network, never have...

Anyone else??????

Yan

By the way, how do I reset the BIOS on a Dell 4550? I want to try that if I have to reinstall XP...

Please help more, so confused, and upset with Microsoft...

Yan Booth

YanBooth said:
By the way, how do I reset the BIOS on a Dell 4550? I want to try that if I have to reinstall XP...

Please help more, so confused, and upset with Microsoft...

Yan Booth

call the dell support number (i think it's on the mousepad, well at elast on my friend's dell's mousepad) :D and ask them how to reset bios

I do have it set first in the boot sequence, but the big problem, is that I can't copy ANY of the files on it...

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom