If I do'd it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
Wife might kill me, but I just bought an ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB AGP card for 315.00 plus shipping! :D

Oh... and BTW... I was playing around and got my new confuser up to 3.86 before it died on me and I had to reset everything. SO now I'm sitting at 3.67 comfortably and stable. I'm gonna D/L that Prime95 and see how good it or not... I'll let ya know...

Craig :bald:

Shoulda paid like $30 less and gone with the X800XL, woulda outperformed the Pro

Shoulda paid like $30 less and gone with the X800XL, woulda outperformed the Pro
My thoughts exactly.

Run some benches though, I wanna see how it compares to somewhat displeasing performance the other x800 Pro owners here have experienced.

Nubius said:

Yes, but I have to consider shipping for everything I buy. COst of shipping to not only Germany, but to military as well usually kills me. Most of the stuff I bought from newegg was on an average of about 40.00 to 50.00 US just for that! ANother reason I do not like living overseas. But hey... Since I'm not the super web designer, and digital guru yet. I think I'll be happy with it. At least for a little while. ;)

But I will do some benches and let you know how it comes out.

Craig:bald:

I just benched my AMD system on 3dmark05. AMD64 3000+, 1gig corsair xms pc-3200, powercolor x800 xl, gigabyte triton nforce4.
Everything stock score a 4820. I'm impressed. Going to have to overclock a little and see if I can bring the score up much more.

diabloII said:
haven't you heard about beedubaya's (SP?) rant about his x800pro?

Nope I haven't. I guess he hates his as well???? What can I say... I guess I have to make some bad choices in life in order to learn right? Next time I'll know and do some better research first. Thanks for ya'lls inputs...

Craig

I belive it is because he has a VIA chipset, bigtimeballer had one too and had problems. Anyway, let us know how it goes mate

Everything stock score a 4820.
hmm I saw a guy posting 5400K in 3dmark05 with everything stock, buuuut I'm not 100% on his hardware but I know it wasn't like a FX-55 or some outrageous CPU like that.

Well from my other post about my new confuser. I've got an INTEL 3.4 Prescott (HT) OC'd to 3.67, and right now a FX5200 plus video card. SO I think that the new one I have ordered will be a MUCH better improvement. and since the X800 pro is a 256MB AGP, me'thinks it will work on my mobo. Once I get it here and installed I'll play with it and give ya'll marks. Besides right now I'm playing around until I can build my next one. Oh and BTW... My mobo has an 865 chipset and looking into it, it most likely will work on it.

PPS and the cost was 315.00 WITH shipping not including...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom