Building My Dream PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna get a 120 gig hd to last me a long time but seeing the computer im on right now only uses 12 gigs of the hd atm even with the stuff ive installed on it, and with 80 gig being 40 bucks less, i decided to go with diablo's suggested hd.

And about the psu, from what ive read about overclocking, would 16v be a good idea? Also can u get the xblades case without the psu so i can save money and use it to help buy a different psu? i dont really want to pay 130 bucks on the psu alone, so i checked around a bit, and is this a good psu? http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-182-010&DEPA=0

edit:keep in mind im looking to build a quiet computer.

SLI is only good in my opinion if you buy two cards at the same time, and even then, I consider it a pretty useless investment.

Why don't I think it's a good idea to try adding another card later? By the time you want to add another 6600GT, bigger and badder cards will be out, and the bigger and badder cards that we see right now will collapse in price and become much more affordable. SLI is still buggy, and I don't think the performance benefit is worth the cost of it.

On an unrelated note, I don't particularily like Corsair. G.Skill is mountains and mountains superior to anything made by Corsair, Corsair is just overhyped.

Ok gaara, chances are it WILL be a long time before i will need to upgrade, and by then great cards, better than SLI 6600gts, will be in my affordable range. Ty for your advice, and your note is actually related, since i did ask what people thought of my system, and i will look into G.skill RAM that you mentioned. Good to see i got some advice that was more than a short phrase about SLI being worthless, and that you took the time to explain your answer. After thinking it over, i do not think i will be getting an SLI board, and now i will look into 939 mobos by MSI, Asus, DFI, Abit, and Gigabyte. This is gonna require a lot of research........

Ok, im back and ive done some research. Since im ocing, i decided to go with either Abit or DFi with nforce 4 ultra chipsets, and pci-e. Which is better for ocing? which is more reliable? has the better features? and which is best all around?

edit:i looked at the DFI board, it doesnt say anything about dual channel, but does it support it and they just didnt add that to the description?

lordjames said:
good thing i dont have to work (im too young) and i also get a free comp($2500 for my birthday cus my sis got a dog and its worth $2500)

muahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Your parents bought your sister a $2500.00 dog for her birthday? Dude, there should be an international law that states if your parents buy your sibling a pet worth $2500.00, they are required to give you $5000.00 to spend as you wish. (GAMING PC)

I hope your parents buy some doggie life insurance on that sucker.

Vampire_Slayer said:
Ok, im back and ive done some research. Since im ocing, i decided to go with either Abit or DFi with nforce 4 ultra chipsets, and pci-e. Which is better for ocing? which is more reliable? has the better features? and which is best all around?

edit:i looked at the DFI board, it doesnt say anything about dual channel, but does it support it and they just didnt add that to the description?

abit and dfi are all great mobos, just pick the one you like better

btw, all mobos labeled "socket 954 (i think it's 954, well, it's 9xx)" are dual channel, and the only mobo you'll want to get is 954 because of its upgradability

as for ur psu, get the fortron blue storm, or a thermaltake silentpower or purepower (just run it by us before you buy it, a bad psu can give u a lot of trouble)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom