something strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox

Baseband Member
okay... a fairly long time ago i was messing around with some themes, icons etc to give windows a new look. i was going to put in new icons for all the folders and drives etc. but the icon set i liked had no installer
So i had to do it manually i did it through the folder options, file types thing as the readme said. however i think i messed something up because ever since, (even after resetting all the icons and stuff) everytime i open a folder or drive it goes into a new window and before long you have 356834176 windows open.. it sucks and im considering a format to fix it. ive looked around in that options thing a damn lot and on all the folders and drives the little tick box that says "open in the same window" is greyed out and i cant do anything about it. please help..

its on windows xp pro.

it just looks like some kind of fun virus....
i dont think your folder option have to do somthing with that
any way try looking for the option that says "open each folder in new window from folder option and disable it if enabled

ROFL, man that's funny! LOL

Shame on you for changing your icons! Don't you know everyone likes the Microsoft default icons??? (JK, LOL)

I'd be curious to see what kind of stuff you copied from this supposed icon file. If it was just plain icon files, you should have run into no problems.

One thing you might try is running a registry cleaner through your system. I have a feeling that part of the problem may be that a registry value got screwed up somehow.

If that doesn't work, try a system restore.

If that doesn't work, shoot it.

Im pretty good about keeping my system clean, i clean the reg, check for viruses, kill spy/ad ware, etc once a week.
and ive had this problem for months now

hell... if i had a gun i probably would shoot it.

Wait wait wait...hang on hang on hang on hang on hang on...

You've had this problem for MONTHS???

Dude...it's time to skip the machine and think about that bullet making love to your ceribrum. That's crazy. Nuts. I would have vaporized that box, at most, two weeks after finding the problem.

yeah... but i havent really been using it, i just remembered the problem now that im using it again.

but anyway, looks like a format is on the menu...

once i screwed around with my theme, i changed it to some theme that has been corrupted and it turned half of the gui to black and i could hardly navigate. I spent a hour trying randomly clicking to get into propeties and theme options.

But its fixed now :)

Wayne

I had the same kind of problem with my girlfriend. I kept trying to right-click and access her properties...

...I'm okay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom