Screenie As Promised: 106º!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Heres the screenie i said i would post. No one believes me, but heres proof that my computer runs HOT. It still works great though (somehow...) I have one case fan (hooked up to PSU , which is why its not shown on speedfan), the fan in the PSU, and a CPU fan. They all work fine!

No overclocking, nothing. Cables are neatly organized... good air flow... it just runs hot!

:mad: :p

temp.bmp

The readings are:

Temp1: 49º
Temp2: 106º
Temp3: 81º
HD0: 47º

Helps if we can actually see whats written

I use Motherboard monitor 5 and its very accurate.

I have used other programs and they come out with same or very close readings.

The readings are:

Temp1: 49º
Temp2: 106º
Temp3: 81º
HD0: 47º

EDIT: I just installed MBM 5 and it showed 102º C I couldn't get a screenie due to the alarms going off! LOL The reason for it being lower is probably due to less CPU usage (i was doing some heavy multitasking when i posted the speedfan screenie).

That's gotta be wrong. Must be the temperature sensor on the mobo or something, otherwise the CPU should start throttling or just restart and stuff surely.

A cpu should reset at 80 degrees and above

EDIT: make sure you have the correct motherboard setup for the temp sensor

Yes; Celcius! It is absolutely insane! It only gets that high when i'm really really working it, but with normal usage it gets to about 97ºC

I have used a ton of different programs and they all show the same stuff!

It must be that the mobo doesn't reset itself anymore. I dont know... never randomly restarts or anything though. The only time it did that was when my video card died, but thats fixed. Never had a problem with my mobo!

Do you even have any cooling?

Check the temps in the bios, if its the same then its a faulty sensor.

You start suffering data loss at 55+ degrees.

I have everything setup correctly.

P.S. I'm not some stupid idiot. I build computers for fun too! Its just i dont have money to fix my own!

EDIT: Yes i have cooling as i said in first post. Case fan, CPU fan and PSU fan (doesn't do much, but hey).

Again, the computer works like a champ! It beats the tar out of the 2.4ghz i use as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom