New Alienware Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right now I dont have an Alienware computer, I have a 5 year old HP computer. But I Bought the Alienware computer, but they are making it for me right now. Then they will ship it out, so what I posted is my computer that I will be getting in a few weeks(not current). And I visited the overclocking forum, it sounds way too complicated, it also said that I can possibly kill my cpu, I dont want to take the risk. And im only 15, so I dont have too much money to go around. (my money comes from leftover lunch money, birthdays and christmas, lol).

I think that the great deal came from the fact that Alienware is giving a $500 instant rebate right now lol

Don't listen to some of these people. :)
You don't need AMD to game. Intel's work just great, there isn't that much difference. I love my intel processor and I can't tell the difference between it and my AMD processor. I tried overclocking to the 3400+ spec to "equal" the p4 I have and it's not that much different. Perhaps to a hard core gamer AMD will give you a few more fps but that intel you got is a good processor.
And my intel works a lot better for multi-tasking as well.

And I understand you not wanting to build it. And if you want to buy a computer from some-where alienware is probably the best choice as opposed to dell or some crap. Because they may say things like "alienware ram" and "alienware motherboard" but in reality it's corsair xms ram and an asus motherboard. They use the good stuff instead of crap like dell or hp does.

Re: .

Shirtbird said:
Sorry, I forgot I already posted, Didnt mean to post same thing twice. Well anyway I already bought the Alienware computer so I dont want to buy any more computer parts and pay to have it built. Thanks for the option though.

well too bad, because for that price, you could have gotten a kickass computer at ibuypower.com (they assemble everything for u)

Yeah. I'm also not sold on the AMD is better then INTEL crap. I have seen benchmarks that show a slight edge going to AMD in (GAMING) in highend CPUS. But, overall - Let's face it, they're are the only two in town. Pick one...

You're getting the P4 3.2GHz 540J LGA775 CPU. I've built a few PC's with that CPU and it's very solid. The stock Fan and Heatsink are a little shady, something that you might wanna upgrade when you save somemore lunch money. Alienware is tight. 1,100.00 nice buy.

Yeah ive been looking at Alienware for awhile but then they came up with this $400 instant rebate, I was sure I was going to get one. And nice site d2, but a lil too late 4 me; my dad might buy something from there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom