help me on comp builing

Status
Not open for further replies.
emeraldice said:
Yea, but just buying 2 graphics cards and putting both in and expecting them to work wont' cut it. They won't, they'll hog each other's pipes and confuse the CPU. I dunno if that mobo he's got even has 2 AGP slots. SLI has to have a special motherboard that supports it and a special card that costs 2.5x the cost of a single card non SLIed. and SLI has problems, too. Like it's a fad, and the new 512 bit cards will put it to shame and will make them obselete faster than normal. Save some money and just buy a single one.

sorry but do u know anything...?

firstly SLI runs in PCI Express, not AGP.. And there is no special kind of SLI card, u just buy 2 pci-e cards which are cheaper than AGP cards.

Dude, ignore that emerald dudes post, don't let it confuse your decision. ur setup is GREAT, but why do u need 2 dvd dual layer burners???

That case is crap... It has horrible airflow look into a case that costs at least 60 bucks. With that setup your gonna need some serious cooling. My case the aspire x-infinity has spots for 4 80mm fans and a spot for a 80, 92 , or a 120 fan my case temp is 4 degrees hotter than ambient 74f idle 80f under load noise is loud tho gets to about 38db at full rpm's Im just running one video card, with a stock cpu hsf.

Wow

I love the yellow case. It's great because it comes with six fans. The green case is the same as mine cept mine is silver. Im not a fan of the color but i love teh case. Looks great in the dark and all your friends will think it's the coolest ever. Both cases have great cooling yellow has six 80mm fans
green has room for 4 80mm fans and 1 120 mm fan both cases will stay about the same temp and look very cool. just so you know the x-infinity comes in yellow black blue silver white and green. Some colors cost a little more than others. both nice looking cases that perform very well the x-infinity has a removable mobo tray and about 95% of all edges in the case are folded over so you dont get cut while installing your components.
however considering the price of the system you may want to look into the ultra high end case like lian li or thermaltake tsunami series. like the system a lot tho wish i had that kind of money. Built my system on a budget of $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom