Print Box Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexta182

In Runtime
In some programs a user presses the print button in Outlook, Adobe Reader (or file, print or Ctrl-P )etc.. it will think about it and will take about 20 seconds to bring up the printer selection when before it was straight away (by the way its a network share printer). Ive tried removing the printer, adding it again, changing the spooler, Priority, even tried it directly to the IP address. Its only this PC running Windows 2000 Sp4. I checked the updates and it was fine. I dont know what else to check. I have tried changing the printer to another default. But nothing.

Any Tips?

Can you explain the site layout for me? network infastructure and how everything goes from point a to b. It's important to know.

Windows 2000 server: Printers are added to the IP address of the printer and then shared on the server for clients to add. When a client prints it prints via the server then to the IP address of the printer.

are you in a large network? spread out over a area? Routers between point a and b?

Nope its all Internal, Server-Switch-Client, no routers in between subnets, all switched enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom