Building My Dream PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
no real number, for i dont know how much i will be able to save up for my parts....i have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, sound card, and optical drives, so i mainly need a mobo, cpu, RAM, case,hd, and a video card. i am willing to spend:

200 for cpu
200 for mobo
80 for case
200 for video card
100 for hd
180 for ram
dont know for cooling

it would be cool to spend less, as saving money can really help me out, but i may go a tad higher on some of these items..... but mainly i want to spend under 1000 bucks in all for the parts i dont have.

about the DFI...
1. how overclockable is it?
2. how reliable is it? it really isnt as popular as abit, asus and msi...
3. do you know how one would go about SAFELY configuring it to support SLI?

1. I think it was designed with overclockability in mind
2. So far, proven to be very reliable, seems to be a bit of an underdog brand, but doing very well.
3. I think you can buy a DFI board with and without SLI

Well, i looked into it and im against buying an SLI DFI since its like 50 bucks more than the SLI MSI. So if i go DFI, i would have to get the one without, and if i did that id have the wider choice of abit, asus, msi, or dfi.....

BTW, is SLI worth the price? i mean sure new godly video cards are coming this summer from what ive heard, but i bet those prices will be huge. With SLI i will be able to upgrade my graphics later for less than the cost of buying one super card. Can some1 talk me out of using SLI bc i dont wanna spend all that extra money on SLI, but I also dont want to lag one day when playing the latest game.

could i get a more detailed answer? no offense but that answer doesnt help much. why isnt SLI worth it? i know the mobos cost more but keep from lagging from future games its as easy as buying one card now and buying another when i need it instead of buying one now and then having to replace it with an expensive one later.....just my thoughts on it, could any1 read this and explain why my idea is a bad one for a guy that cant get all the money he needs at once to make his pc? although i could see how the money you save from not getting SLI could slightly help get a better card....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom