will pc2700 slow me down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm possitive that the 333 and 400 are Mhz clockspeeds for RAM, although I could be wrong but I don't think I am, anyways if you think about it the DDR333 is slower then the DDR400 as the DDR400 is better so yes it will slow you down but's its more to the ponit will you actually notice the performance between the two? I'm sure you wont - I think if you are going to notice the proformance is the timings on the RAM. You should also consider buying the same amount of RAM, from the same manufacter and exact RAM sticks as this allows dual channel and also some motehrboards have problems dealing with two different types of RAM.

Go with nothing less than PC3200 for an athlon64 system. You will just be bottlenecking an otherwise good system with slower RAM...not worth it. Also I'd suggest eVGA or Leadtek for a 6600GT brand instead of XFX....a lot of people have been having issues with the XFX cards... (just a matter of time before I get I GOT AN XFX AND IT WORKS GREAT) Yeah I'm not saying EVERY single card off the assembly line will be bunk, but I think quality, and the length of life will be longer with one of the two I listed.

Yeah i suggest DDR3200 ram since it's an extra 5$ (alot of 333 ram is 400 ram that wouldnt run at that speed)

Also EVGA or leadtek are good choices, if you search my posts, im one of the ones who has had trouble with XFX.

EDIT: Nubius, PM me with the numbers on your ram so I can see if it's 1.6ns or 2.0ns.

If you want to buy from tigerdirect get their Ultra ram when it's on cheap. I have it, it OC's to 3500 \ 3600 speeds and it is great.

CL latency affects the speed of the ram margianally.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

Go there, scroll way down until you see big black letters that say 'DRAM TIMING' That will tell you more than you care to know about timings. CL effects stability, not so much bandwidth, but that's all explained there. The green timings are the most commonly seen timings. The ones in blue below that you shouldn't really pay attention to as of yet, because you'll just confuse yourself with all that info.

MADWAD said:
hey buddy don't be dissing the XFX 6600gt , Mine works fantastic!!!! LOL,LOL,LOL :)

The current one I have works pretty well too, but alot of them dont.

DJ-Chris - so your XFX 6600gt works now? I thought you said you had a lemon???????????????????? Confused???????????????????
What happened to the Purple screens when you changed settings?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom