Quick question about activating XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
My XP does not require activation so I have never done it before.

Do you need a working internet connection to activate XP?

no, some versions such as xps that come with ur premanufactured box do not always require it, i had to format and reinstall my grandma's dell, didnt hav to activate it.

TheMajor said:
My XP does not require activation so I have never done it before.

Do you need a working internet connection to activate XP?

if you don't have internet, you have to go the phone route

but you don't need it

also if you try and activate more then one confuser you have to call them and they'll give you another code for your second... In my case third computer... Doesn't cost anything BTW either...

IT DOESN"T COST NE THING? =D knowing microsoft that almost gave me a heart attack... ne way.. yeah i had the same error but it wouldn't let me use the cd key

Nukem said:
also if you try and activate more then one confuser you have to call them and they'll give you another code for your second... In my case third computer... Doesn't cost anything BTW either...

No way man. You are only allowed to use it once, technically. If you activate it more than once with the same code, they really pay no mind. I heard somewhere that you can activate it 3 times on different machines before MS starts to notice. But, according to the EULA, you can only do it once per machine. And I really dont see why they wouldnt charge you for an additional license.

http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53673

It's a never ending argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom