Gaming Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ApM said:
Yep 1GB is sufficent enough for any time of machine, gaming, video editing etc.

1 gig doesnt cut it in video editing IMO. 1 gig is also not enough for servers

oh cool. i'll check it out, but i dunno if i have the money to spend yet. for the future, what processor would be better, an Athlon or Intel Pentium?

id say get an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ or a 3500+ They are both excellent processors, and AMD edges out Intel in gaming.

I personally prefer AMD cause of the better performance to price ratios, but Im sure that some Intel fans are gonna flame me for this :p

i won't flame you, but i disagree that amd has more bang for the buck than inte (except at the super expensive end, there the fx-55 beats out the 3.73ee easily for less money). they both excel at different tasks, anyone that argues that intel is better at gaming than amd or that amd is better than intel with video editing is just a fanboy. buy the one that suits you best, don't listen to fanboys. both can as cheap ( a64 3000 or 2.8ghz prescott) or expensive (fx-55 or 3.73ghz ee prescott) as you want them to be.

so i should go based on what mother board i get and how much money i have? what if i eventually buy one of those packages newegg sells? are those good deals?

don't buy packages, buy all the parts seperately and put it together yourself

we can't suggest anything right now cuz you're not buying right now

but you'll have to go AMD

ok in the future though you guys gotta help me pick the stuff out. i read that tutorial thing and i'm so confused on what to buy and if it'll work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom