AGP card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadeem82

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have a problem with my AGP card ( atleast i think its that!) I have a PIV 1.5Ghz, 128MB RAM, RIVA TNT 2 (32mb) AGP card, Intel 845 Motherboard

my computer boots and then there is one long beep (1sec) followed quickly by two short beeps... my monitor does not start up (remains in standby)... i try restarting the comp but same thing happens... its corrected once i restart for around 7-9 times... once up and running, Win XP reports it as an Video Display driver error.... what do u think? shd. i replace the AGP card.. although it occurs very infrequently (once in a month) but is quite irritating...

Make sure the card is FIRMLY seated into the agp slot; also check the voltage on the card ie 1.5 or 3.3 and make sure the board supports it.

My old Voodoo3 3000 used to exhibit the same problem with certain i440BX-based motherboards. Either it isn't seated firmly or it could just be the motherboard itself.

yeah but...

i tried reseating it.. no effect...

actually this thing happens all by itself... i mean. the cabinet is not even moved an inch, i doubt if the card gets unpositioned + how can a unsuitably seated card suddenly come to life after rebooting 7-8 times??

ALSO : the cooling fan of this card has stopped working!! it used to make hell of a noise and recently it stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom