Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman420

Baseband Member
I want to buy myself a spanking new video card (my Geforce 4 MX460 is not cuttin' it) and I'm willing to spend about $180-220, but I'm completely torn between the Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 128mb and ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256mb. Performance ratings say that the 6600GT is the way to go, but with half the memory how can this be??? Keep in mind that I'm an avid gamer and have my sights set on running Half-Life 2 at high settings and Doom 3 as well. Any advice on this topic would help.

128mb is more than enough for video cards, only the very top end cards it would make a difference.

I personally prefer the 6600gt out of those two. The X800 XL I found very tempting at its price now though, I would of probally gone for this over my 6800 if I brought my pc now and not a few months ago.

6600GT

It goes hand in hand with the x700pro from what I have seen for HL2

And the x700pro SUCKS at Doom3

Don't be tricked into thinking that memory determines performance. The 6600GT is the better card.

Lets see how long this thread lasts :D

::cough cough 6600GT cough cough:: hehe, not like anyone would be surprised to hear me say that. I have the 6600gt, I love it, but coming from an FX 5700 that died quickly, it doesn't take much to make me happy again :D

i most ppl here will say the 6600gt becuase in the vast majority of benchmarks it beats the x700pro out, plus it has pixel shader 3 which the ati doesnt.

lets hope this doesnt turn into a ati vs nvidia thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom