Why can't I overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius and gaara, thanks for the help. Right now here are my readings after all of the stress testing with Prime95:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+@ XP 3200+
CPU Speed- 200 MHz x 11 = 2.2 GHz
CPU Temp idle- 46 Celsius
CPU Vcore- 1.84 V

Do those check out OK?

As long as prime95 ran smoothly without crashing for about 12 hours you've generally succeeded, congrats. ;)

That is a really nice overclock though, what was the initally frequency of the FSB, 166MHz?

I'm just a bit concerned about your temperatures though, do you have any idea what your load temperature is? If not, download SpeedFan or Motherboard Monitor 5, run prime95 again and monitor your temperatures with one of them. If it gets above 60, you may wanna go about cooling it down somehow.

The initial FSB is 166 MHz, so overall it is approximately a 300 MHz overclock. This is my first one, so let's hope it stays alright :)

I'm going to run Prime95 while I do some work and eat lunch, and then I'll come back and post my temps and see what it's like.

I just ran the In-place Large FFT's test on Prime95 for 31 minutes and my CPU temp rose to a maximum temp of 56 C and is now at a CPU VCore of 1.9 V. Is everything ok?

56C isn't bad considering it's at 1.9v, a lot of people have stock XP's that are that hot just out of the package. Like I said, it's not bad per se, but if I were you I'd still invest in a little better cooling and see if you can't get it down into the 40's full load

Alright earlier today I ran Prime95 for 31 minutes to test the temp. Now I'm trying to run it again and keep getting halting errors after just 3 or 4 minutes. I've tried increasing my Vcore but it won't go any higher...what do I do now?

If you can't raise your Vcore then I guess you've reached your obtained your max OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom