Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I've got a quick question about overclocking. The Timings thing, with cpu to ram ratio 1:1 or whatever. Is there suppose to be someplace I set that, or is it just setting my ram to run at say 333 instead for 400, so I have more room there to overclock it?

I've noticed that when you bring down the timing to 333 or 266 it allows you to to get higher OC's also if you change the FSB to 4 or or 3 that seems to help aswell.

I've noticed that when you bring down the timing to 333 or 266 it allows you to to get higher OC's also if you change the FSB to 4 or or 3 that seems to help aswell.
......what? I don't even know what you are trying to say here.

First off, memory 'timings' are completely different than what you are talking about here.

for 1:1 your CPU FSB must match your RAM FSB. PC3200 = DDR400 = 400FSB RAM, PC2700 = DDR333 = 333FSB RAM, PC2100 = DDR266 = 266 FSB RAM.

Divide the FSB by two for the RAM, and that's what the CPU FSB in your BIOS should be set to. If you have a 266 FSB CPU for example then the FSB would be set to 133MHz in the BIOS. You need to either see if your computer has a 'CPU/DRAM' ratio, because some you can actually set 5:6, or 5:5 (5:5 would obviously be 1:1 just being shown as another fraction), or if you can manually set the RAM MHz, make sure it's the same as the FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom