Is this good enough for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't believe the HYPE!

MADWAD said:
Hey Jeff, don't listen to DJ-Chris "No offense but that system is crap", if he actually thinks this he's out to lunch. As i said ". Not sure about your graphics card but it is 256 mb,so i'm assuming it's good." so from what other people are saying you should upgrade that, but on the other hand your not an "extreme gamer" so the question i have for you is what games do you play?
With regards to your Ram i have the same and find no troubles at all with it (but i do need to upgrade soon!) As i said before you have basically the same system specs as me and i have no trouble playing todays latest games and no your system is not crap so don't worry. or should i say "don't believe the crap you hear from some people" :)

The meg on the card doesnt really mean anything. A 128 Meg 6600GT will mop the floor with a 5700LE anyday

Here's my mopping up a HIGHLY OC'ED 5700
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3798675

"so i'm assuming its good", the main word here is "ASSUMING". :) Yes your right a 6600gt will mop the floor against a 5700 anyday(unless it's your garbage xfx 6600gt, LOL), but then i didn't say otherwise in any of my previous posts. At the same time since he's not an "extreme gamer" a 5700 might be all he needs, right? :)

5700 may do fine, but if he's a gamer an upgrade will be nessacary

And this XFX 6600GT is mopping the floor with others, assuming they work.

Well, you could have done much better if you made your own pc.

About your CPU-its a good one, but you wont be able to use a 64 bit OS(coming soon) but if you dont have any probs with 32 bit for the next 3 years, i guess it wont matter much.

About your RAM- it blows, get 1 gig of dual channel pc3200 ddr400, value ram if you dont oc, better ram if one day you would like to do some free pc performance upgrading(overclocking)

Your graphics card i think would do for those games, as i can play halo with this damn dell(it has intel extreme graphics....lol...crap i know). i would suggest a 6600GT

Thats about all i gotta say about the system, although I hope that hd is 7200 rpm and not 5400 rpm...pre made pc's stats are not trustworthy as they focus on one aspect of it to make it look superior when it in fact sucks........thats marketing for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom