pc ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.
aj2003 said:
my brother has a board that only support upto pc2100 (ddr266 i think it is) anyhow can i put a stick of ddr400 in there and will that underclock itself to the lower speed, i want to get the higher stuff cos hes gettin a new computer in about 2 months and that has 512ddr400 in it already so want to be to use this stuff in new one. thanks.
certainly can be downclock itself during boot up~~~

The more ram you have the better, up untill about 768mb yo dont really need more than 512mb for playing games...if you have a good video card. RAMs run at all different frequencies...like pc3200 is 200mhz pc2700 is 166mhz pc2100 is 133mhz...If your system can support it then get the best ram that you can get.

majistic said:
The more ram you have the better, up untill about 768mb yo dont really need more than 512mb for playing games...if you have a good video card. RAMs run at all different frequencies...like pc3200 is 200mhz pc2700 is 166mhz pc2100 is 133mhz...If your system can support it then get the best ram that you can get.

those speeds need to be twice as fast as it is DDR.

512 isnt enough for playing games with a 6800 or any of the top graphics cards, as it caused patchy lag for me.

Memory speed should always be at least as fast as the FSB speed of your CPU, otherwise your system will bottleneck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom