Is this good enough for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of years ago radeon would've blown nvidia out of the water. The 6x series is solid and rocks radeon's socks off.

nvidia does seem to have gotten its act together. however, the X800XL is gonna be a tough puppy for nvidia to beat.

If you build a computer like that by yourself, you will $ave lots of money!!!!!!!! Compaq are known for their horrible cooling.

VIII said:
unfortunately, it seems that way *yawn*

*yawn* this is a tech forum where that 1% counts. Nvida and ATI both had their times, NVIDIA is now and ATI was last gen.

Also, my compaq 166 didnt have poor cooling, in fact it had none at all. Excluding 1 case fan and heatsink :)

bestbuy sucks, circuitcity sucks, any retail store basically sucks against newegg unless they have a 50%+ sale

go to www.newegg.com and order parts and either get a friend or a local computer guy to put it together for u (or u could do it yourself)

if you're going to buy a gaming comp from a retail store, you'll be really disappointed at the performance

DJ-CHRIS said:
Also, my compaq 166 didnt have poor cooling, in fact it had none at all. Excluding 1 case fan and heatsink :)
You had a case fan!?! My Compaq P200 just had the fan in the power supply (and the aforementioned heat sink).

Don't believe the HYPE!

Hey Jeff, don't listen to DJ-Chris "No offense but that system is crap", if he actually thinks this he's out to lunch. As i said ". Not sure about your graphics card but it is 256 mb,so i'm assuming it's good." so from what other people are saying you should upgrade that, but on the other hand your not an "extreme gamer" so the question i have for you is what games do you play?
With regards to your Ram i have the same and find no troubles at all with it (but i do need to upgrade soon!) As i said before you have basically the same system specs as me and i have no trouble playing todays latest games and no your system is not crap so don't worry. or should i say "don't believe the crap you hear from some people" :)

DoomUK You say you have the Asus A8V deluxe but the cpu you say you have is a newcastle core? Isnt that the 754 pin cpu? That board only supports 939, correct me if im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom