also have an 80gig Seagate SATA HDD. I have installed windows XP
onto the drive and the install went without a problem,
windows runs great until i go to shutdown. I do not have the
standby button avaliable and if i choose turn off i get a screen
displaying it is now safe to switch off your computer, even though
i have an ATX form case. I have flashed my bios with ver1.0e
15/12/2004. I have set the on chip SATA device in the bios to
enable but it still dosent help.

Can anyone help me its been driving me nuts for about 8 months.

I have just found out some new info i have been changing between my two HDDs one is IDE the other is SATA, in the device manager under the computer tab the IDE displays ACPI uniprocessor pc while the SATA one displays MPS uniprocessor pc.

Can anyone explain the difference of these two.

ACPI = Short for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface, a power management specification developed by Intel, Microsoft, and Toshiba. ACPI, which will be part of the next version of Windows, enables the operating system to control the amount of power given to each device attached to the computer. With ACPI, the operating system can turn off peripheral devices, such as a CD-ROM players, when they're not in use. As another example, ACPI will enable manufacturers to produce computers that automatically power up as soon as you touch the keyboard.

MPS = coodnt find

I have found some info and i think i have to change my Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) i can do it during windows setup by pressing F5 when it displays, Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver. but if i do i cant install my raid driver therefore i cant setup windows. Its like a catch 22 i can do one or the other.

Does anyone have any info that could help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom