welcome screen wont display RCINT failure message

Status
Not open for further replies.

james23

Solid State Member
Hey my I tried modify welcome screen I downloded
resource hacker and oppend logonui.exe and tried to replace bitmaps. I rebooted into safe mode with command promt and all i typed was CD C:\Windows\system32 i hit enter i entered copy new_loginui.exe logonui.exe. When i saved changes i restarted and was greeted with this message RCINT failure string table Id not found '42' at line 42, i rebooted in safe mode and tried to undo these changes, but got the same error when the computer tried to load the welcome screen in safe mode it automaticly switched into classic login so i was able to get into command prompt, once in command promt i tried to reverse changes and i thought i did until I restarted and got the same error? is there anyway to get my welcome screen back, (I do not have the xp cd I have the Vaio recovery disks) so i do not want to reinstall os.

If somone can help me with this please do thnks

system restore might be a good thing to look at. I'm assuming XP. if I'm wrong, sfc might work. but I think you need to Disc for that. You can call Sony and say, hey i'm getting this error, what can I do about it...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom