Specs:

DFI SLI-DR
2 X CHAINTECH 6600gt's 500/1000 @ 618/1350 Watercooled
AMD 3200+ @ 2732Mhz
KINGSTON BH5 @ 273MZH 1:1
ASETEK TRIPLE RADIATOR + ANTARTICA CPU BLOCKS (10MM) HYDRO L30
ANTEC P160 ALU. CASE

3DMark03 : 17608 | 3DMark05 : 8090 | Aquamark 03 : 94138

More specs and benchies can be found here: my local south african forum.

|Jasonhk's Pc Log|
|Project Watercool P160
|New 6600gt Sli Records

Lemme know what you guys think :D

Yea we doing very well :) Me and him are cousins, so we in a benching team \o/

1st in 03, 2nd in 05 and 2nd in Aquamark :)

Since you guys are experts in 6600GT Overclocking

When I overclock my GT past 575 and 1.15, I start to see a peformance decrease, any idea's on this?

My guess is that you're pushing it too far and it's 'stumbling' over itself trying to make the operations. If you push it too far and it can't smoothly operate, it'll 'stutter' if you will resulting in an actual lower performance...basically it's not stable even though you may not actually see artifacts on the screen

Thanks Guys

Well we choose the Chaitech 6600GT's because it was the only one we could basicaly get hold of in South Africa and also it seemed to be the best overclocker so we decided to get those.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Since you guys are experts in 6600GT Overclocking

When I overclock my GT past 575 and 1.15, I start to see a peformance decrease, any idea's on this?

The problem that you are having is card throtteling.

use Rivatuner 2.0 RC15.3 > go into Power User> then Nvidia \ Overclocking and change

DisableInternalClockTest to 1
Enable PerfLevelForcing to 1

then go in to Main tab and click the second box next to customise and go to the first block, In the overclocing tab set the Force Constant Preformance Level to Preformance 3D. And then overclocling your card usign the sliders above that, and test go 5Mhz a time until you see artifacting.

Have fun, and good luck :)

Nubius said:
My guess is that you're pushing it too far and it's 'stumbling' over itself trying to make the operations. If you push it too far and it can't smoothly operate, it'll 'stutter' if you will resulting in an actual lower performance...basically it's not stable even though you may not actually see artifacts on the screen

wrong, it's called throtteling (sp) check my previous post, to overcome it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom