Computer showing wrong specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, I know that I posted the same thread title but this is totally different. My brother recently got a new comp which is supposed to be 2.4 GHz but in properties it shows up as 1.8? Can someone please reply with help, thanks in advance.

amd athlon xp 2400+ operates at 1.8ghz but is comparable to intel's 2.4ghz because of it's better design (something about the fsb integrated into the chip or something)

he probably has his FSB set at 100, inwhich it needs to be 133, or 166 depending on the chip. If it's a 266FSB chip it needs to be 133, if it's 333 it needs to be set at 166 in the BIOS

athlon xp 2400+
It operates at 2GHz not 1.8GHz, the mobile operates at 1.8GHz...also he never specified what chip it is so that info is a little irrelevant

i'm sorry, i did not give enough info. it's a 2.4 GHZ AMD 64 bit processor 3300+ . sorry i don't know what the fsb is.

that's the normal frequency for your Athlon 64
I was going to say speed but it doesn't work. AMD's Athlons don't need as high frequency as Intel's to get a higher speed
the Athlon 64's are designed so that their processors can run at, in this case 2.4GHZ, but perform as good as a 3.2GHZ Intel processor

Well considering the AMD64 3500+ is 2.2GHz what are the chances that a 3300+ (which I can't even seem to find online) is 2.4GHz?

It tells you the FSB on the package. Go into the BIOS, look for CPU FSB, and if it's lower than 200 then theres your problem, because all AMD64's should be at 200FSB or 'HTT' since FSB is technically referring to older Socket A systems.

Sorry, i'm just reading what it says from the sticker on the tower and on dxdiag so I assume it is correct.

This is jeffk91's brother. I have an AMD 64 3300+ processor and it is supposed to be clocked at 2.4 Ghz. For some strange reason my 2.4 processor changes to a 1.8 and then sometimes changes back to a 2.4. It keeps going back and forth. WHy is this happening? Please help.

P.S. when i go to bios i cant find the FSB
i did although find the FSB:DRAM which said CPU/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom