Updated BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

szuniga2003

Beta member
I have a ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard, it was working fine but i accidently updated the BIOS. Now some things are not working right, for example: on Yahoo i can see what my friends are typing, some pages on the internet wont load, and some programs like System Restore, System Settings and stuff like that wont load, i wanted to restore to a previous checkpoint but i cant get Restore to work. It might just be a settings thing, but i dont know what to do. I updated the Chipset drivers, my Video Card works fine, basically everything excpet for little things like that. BTW im running Windows XP Pro.

Thnx for any advice

szuniga

Just flash it back to the older version.

Here's a tip about updating your bios, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well it was a boo boo on my part. Im very good with computers, so thats why i ask u this, How do you flash back to original settings?

Download the old version from the manuf web site, follow the directions on the readme.

Just make sure you have a floppy drive and a spare floppy.

hmm what chipset is your motherboard?
i know its a asus series x
for amd

but the chipset, i dun know

Heh, it'd be kind of fun to see what my friends are typing...*maniacal grin*

Anyway, I the A7N8X-X is running a nVidia nForce2-400 chipset.

Updated Bios

Ok guys this is what i have learned so far. It isnt the updated bios, from what i hear Yahoo causes some sort of corruption in XP. Very rare but i play Madden online and 3 of my buddies have had the same problem. They had to reinstall XP, to fix their problem. So im gonna reinstall the OS and get Trillian for my chatting ways. Thnx for the help and ill keep u guys posted. thnx.

Updating BIOS can have advantages, but serious caution must be used or a bad flash might leave you without a way to re-flash. I went to update the BIOS on my router and had a OS crash which rendered my router useless since it would no longer respond to any re-flashing attempts. I would guess the CPU BIOS may not be quite as sensitive but would not want to take the chance of deviating from the exact instructions from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom