The drow now needs components for his $3K computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solufien

Solid State Member
Heyya, Solufien again. I thank the guys who helped me out before; but now comes the next problem. I've found most of the stuff I am after, but there is still some stuff missing. They are cooling fans, speakers, a graphics card, anti-virus software, and an external 56K modem.

The stuff that I have right now are as follows:
CPU AMD Athlon 3200 XP
MOBO EPoX EP-8RDA+
RAM (512MB) Crucial CT6464Z335
Chassis Antec PLUS1080AMG
Power Supply Antec Ture330
Video Card ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Sound Card Soundbalster Audigy 2ZS
HDD (80GB) Western Digital EIDE WD800BB
HDD (40GB) Western Digital EIDE WD400BB
DVD-RW Sony DRU-710A
Monitor (17" LCD) Dell E173 FPM
Mouse Logitech Click! Optical
Keyboard Logitech Access
O/S Windows XP
CPU Cooler Thermaltake Volcano 9
Software Microsoft Office
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Macromedia
ZoneAlarm Firewall

If you guys could help me out, you guys will rock.
Thanks, and Aluvue.

build a computer exactly like mine. Except, get the FX-55 processor, 200gb ide hd for OS, 4 raptor drives for storage, and 2gb of ram. Then you will have a 3000$ computer.

get all the parts from newegg

Theres no point in a software firewall period. The point of a firewall is to stop or block connections from one host to another. This is why you want to be BEHIND a firewall. Running a firewall on your system does not put you BEHIND the firewall, it puts you right ontop of it. Still allowing people to connect and overflow programs gaining access to your system. If you want to prevent intruders, get spybot, nav, and buy a firewall to sit between your internet and your computer. (A seperate box) Do you have to use a dialup connection? is there no highspeed in your area?

My area has no cable/dsl at all, thats why i use a software firewall, just to keep idiots and virus's out, and to keep servers from scanning my ports, and my Sygate is made for enterprise level servers...

Its not worth it here, and it only uploads as fast as the phone will allow here, considering they require the phone to upload and the sat to download....

Mercer county wont allow it.

Plus i wouldnt pay that much because of our weather here.
Home Service Pricing Options
Up-Front Purchase Plan (includes equipment and standard installation)
Purchase Price $599.98
Service Fee $59.99/month
Term Commitment 15 months
Hardware Warranty (e) 15 months

Promotional Plan (includes equipment and standard installation)
Activation Fee $99.99
Service Fee $99.99/month
Term Commitment 15 months
Hardware Warranty 30 months

Why? I dont think local government can prevent you from buying a dish. Maybe the fcc, but not the county level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom