Chaintech board not working :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

youkai

Beta member
I have a chaintech 9PJL2 865PE. I got a P4 2.0ghz, radeon 9600, and some DDR ram that I cant remember the specs on. All this stuff works in my other comp with a MSI board, but when I have everything plugged into the chaintech one, it refuses to run. It turns on, the processor gets hot, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything. My guess theres a problem with the ram slots are something. If anyone has an idea on how to help, or if you need more info, a reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I bought this board at newegg here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-032R&depa=0

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I wish I had some time to write more, but work as been busy this weekend. I'll reply to you guys in a couple of days or so when I have more time to let you know which direction I'm heading in, in terms of Mobo and CPU. Thanks for the advice guys. Also, I've been saving for quite some time now for a new computer, and I'm ready to build a decent one. If I could save some money in the end, I wouldn't mind. Thanks guys!

??? Wrong thread perhaps silence?

Youkai..could simply be a bunk board, might have to RMA it if every other part works fine. I'm never going to get chaintech again. I got an FX 5700 from them back in april, two months later, it died, I RMA'd it, and like 6 months later it died..so I think they have rather crappy quality hardware it seems

Guess I'll just have to send it back to newegg, but I'm sure its gonna be a real pain in the ass :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom