Motherboard Probelms

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndTwenTy10

In Runtime
Hey all...I just recently had a virus and trashed my pc, I formatted and put xp home back on, Now my 4 Onboard USB and Onboard Network doesant work.

Not sure what I should do..

AndTwenTy10 said:
Huh? What do I do..? Im confused...

flash your bios = get a new bios for your mobo and flash it with a floppy disk

fdisk mbr= use a boot floppy drive, use the fdisk command, and clear your mater boot record

reinstall= yea...duh

but first, you should check your bios to make sure you have usb and your network enabled

edit/
sorry wrong thread
/

Anyhow, you can get the official mobo drivers from their website... Google MSI, look for support/downloads, should be there!

I dont understand, what do i need to flash the bios? how do i? Im lost...Can someone explain it in steps please?

I tried googling msi and looking in there website but I couldent find anything about drivers for anything..

Man! This is really pissing me off!

Go here for general info about your motherboard and here to get a pointer to BIOS and Driver downloads. I would leave your BIOS alone for now. It worked before; it's probably fine for what you have. The LAN drivers for that board should be the Via 8237 ones at this link. Just scroll down until you see the VIA 10/100 LAN Drivers for VIA VT8231/8233/8235/8237 Intergrated LAN Motherboard.

Once you get your LAN working, you might be able to use Windows Update to get the USB drivers you need. It's a bit odd that those didn't work right away, but I did note a VIA USB2.0 Patch (Under WinXP+SP1) here that you might need as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom