Computer not correct specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The setting you were playing with before, the integrated memory one, go back and read pages 4 and 5 on this thread.. I already told you what to do to turn it off.

You talked about setting the integrated to auto and if that didnt work then put it to 8mb. Which I did but I want to get rid of it completely.

Under device manager, and under Display adaptors there is the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 and a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP. Is the IGP Integrated Graphics? I've tried numerous times trying to uninstall the driver and disabling it but it just didn't work as I still have only 504mb of ram on my comp.

If it doesn't give you the option then you cant. Losing 8mb of memory isn't going to hurt anything.

Ok but nobody answered my question from before. What do I type in run to see all the specs in my comp? And how do I know for sure that the GeForce is the one running and not the integrated?

Each video card runs seperate. If you're plugged into the geforce, everything you see is rendered through it. If you're plugged into the motherboard, everything you see is rendered through it.

Device manager will tell you everything you need to know about what is in your computer. To view your cpu/ram usage go to the task manager (ctrl alt del)

Does anyone know what I need to buy other then a router to connect my two PCs to the internet? Is it possible to get a wireless router for $20-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom