Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsifaith

Solid State Member
Hello, all. I just found this forum, it looks cool, so I thought I give it a try.
I have been messin' around with computers for about four years now. I've done some web design, some building, and thought I was pretty hot sh**. Boy, did I ever get spanked today. Went to a local computer hardware store, trying to get a job. The owner asked me one question: "Where is the North bridge chip versus the south bridge chip?" :eek:
Yeah, okay, let me just tuck my tail between my legs, and go away now...
Anyway, I got so annoyed with myself because I couldn't answer his question that I am now spending my evening searching out the answer. Bet I'll find it, too.
So, anyway, enough of this rambling and let me say...
Hi
:D

Welcome to TF! Enjoy your stay!

And just for a boost:

Northbridge Chip: The Northbridge is the chip or chips that connect a CPU to memory, the PCI bus, Level 2 cache and AGP activities. The Northbridge chips communicate with the CPU through the FSB.

Southbridge Chip: The Southbridge is the chip that controls all of the computers I/O functions, such as USB, audio, serial, the system BIOS, the ISA bus, the interrupt controller and the IDE channels. In other words, all of the functions of a processor except memory, PCI and AGP.

;)

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm hoping to learn from this forum, and maybe someday contribute...

lol welcome,

i wouldnt of been to answer that question but who really needs it?

spfd said:
lol welcome,

i wouldnt of been to answer that question but who really needs it?

Apparently the guy with the PC Hardware store, otherwise, why would he have asked? ;)

i wouldve told him to kiss my chuddies...and then done the tail thing...but hey...welcome!

Try another hardware store!!!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that didn't know the answer. After thinking about the entire situation, I realized that something is missing when you walk into his store...
Female employees!
He has seven employees, plus his son working there, and not a single female in the joint.:amazed:
Stands to reason that if you want to shoot someone down real quick, ask them a very obscure,technical question; that'll get rid of them
Unfortunately, that's still all too common in this town.
Just annoys me, and makes me all the more want to open up my own business.....
Have an excellent day:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom