MS Outlook Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

josuem

Baseband Member
Hey all, quick question.

I use MS Outlook 2003, but I'm looking to reformat my drive, and I want to save all my emails, contacts, tasks, etc. That's the easy part. The thing that has me confused is whether or not the import/export method used by Outlook 2003 will be backwards compatible with Outlook 2000 or 2002, which I may have to use. In short, can I backup all my stuff in Outlook '03 and still use it all in '02 or '00?

search for *.pst. or browse to c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\ the pst should be in there. backup the pst.

when you cretae the new installaion. install outlook, open it, close it, delete the pst it created, open outlook, outlook will prompt you to create a new pst or find an existing one, and point it to the backed-up pst. Check your address book by creating a new email and click the To.. button. if it shows up good, but if not delete the current address book and create a new one...your old contacts will still be there.

ALternatly, you can just export your current data via the export command, and send it to a Personal Folder File (.pst).
When you reinstall, import that file and it will copy all of the data into your new pst store and you'll have your previous data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom